- Command ⌘
- Shift ⇧
- Option/alt ⌥
- Control ⌃
- Caps Lock ⇪
- Function fn
- Command Option ESC – Force Quit
- Command Q – Quit active application
- Command W – Close active window
- Command H – Hides active window
- Command M – Minimizes active window
- Command N – Opens new doc or Internet page
- Command P – Print active screen or doc
- Command S – Saves active doc or tab
Command Z – Undo previous command(If you delete something by accident this can be a lifesaver)
- Command Y – Redo previous command
- Command A – Selects whole document or contents of screen
- Command I – Italicizes text in docs
- Command U – Underlines text in docs
- Command B – Bolds text in docs
- Command L – Left justifies text
- Command R – Right justifies text
- Command E – Centers text
- Option Delete – Deletes word left of cursor
Command 1 – Single line spacing bt. sentences Command 2 – Double line spacing bt. sentences Command 5 – 1.5 line spacing bt. sentences Command F – Opens find window to locate words or quote in document or website(This is fabulous when searching for a quote or word in a PDF, Doc or web page) Command E – Uses the selection for a Find(Great to use with Command F)
- Command D – Bookmark website
- Command Tab – Toggles between open websites
- Command T – Opens new tab in web browser
Command + – Zoom In(Plus sign is above the = sign) Command - – Zoom out(Minus sign is next to the number 0)
- Command + Shift + 3 – Capture the screen to a file
Command + Key + 4 – Capture a selection to a file(Great for copying an image from the computer)
- Command X – Cuts selection and stores in Clipboard
Command C – Copies selection or text to Clipboard(Great for copying text from the internet, so it can then be pasted into a document with Command V)
- Command V – Pastes contents of Clipboard in location of the cursor
- Double Click a Word - Highlight a word
- Triple Click a Word - Highlight a sentence
Click on a file Space Bar - Quick look at the file without opening it.
- Control Eject - Opens a dialog box so you can sleep, shut down, or restart your computer
- When working on your iPhone a double space at the end of a sentence will provide a period, a space, and will capitalize your next word.
- When taking a selfie, your volume button can also be used to take the picture.
- Ask Siri to open your apps, so that you don't have to search for them on your device.
- On Google, when you type Define before a word, Google will provide a definition of the word.
- On Google, if you type in your flight number, you will get the gate, airline, and time.
On your phone's camera, half press the shutter button to focus. Once you have done that, if you push down, it will avoid any lag.
- Any side button on your phone will stop it from ringing.
- With popup menus - to fill in the state, type the first letter multiple times to scroll through the options.
I hope you find these tricks helpful!